Monday, March 16, 2009

'50 Ford

Working on deleting old pics on the hard drive last night (its hopeless, I fear, I am not so good at remembering to do that and my C drive is maxed)...found these pictures of Dad with the car he had before the Henry J, a 1950 Ford he got as pretty much a shell and had completely restored and rodded. Showed it for a couple years but as was his way, got tired of it once it was perfected and wanted another challenge. This is at a car show at J-Mar's diner in Fort Dodge, Iowa...



He sold it on eBay, which is where I think he found the Henry J (we used to sit at his computer desk for hours watching eBay auctions for cars he was keeping an eye on, real-size and models, which he built/sold/collected). He sent me this picture the day the new owner came to get it...I think he was a little sad to let this one go. Hadn't realized I'd saved the email with this picture all these years...

I'm glad I've saved emails from Dad, but they are pretty hard to read right now.

~Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment